Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Friends lost

Friends lost 10 years 2 months ago #785

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 15
This past year has been a sad one indeed, with the loss of long-time OVBSAOC club member and Cable's Campground (location of the club rallies) owner, Jim Cable. Also lost to us was another long-time club member/board member, Bob Wolfgang.

And now, with great sadness we note the untimely passing of our good friend Royce Klein. Royce was for many years a familiar presence at the BSA Rallies. Whether competing aboard his trusty 125 Zundapp in the Reliability Run or having fun in the Trials competition or Field Events, Royce was always in the thick of things. More recently, Royce was just as busy coaching and encouraging youngsters in the Youth Trials events.

Royce's passing leaves a great void in the OVBSAOC family. He will be greatly missed.

IMG_0037a_2014-02-11.JPG

Royce R. Klein, 57, of North Ridgeville, passed away suddenly Thursday, January 23, 2014. He was born February 21, 1956 in Cleveland.

He was a 1974 graduate of Elyria High School and earned his degree at Lorain County Community College. Royce worked in Research and Development for Lubrizol, Noveon and BF Goodrich for a total of 37 years.

A longtime member and Deacon of the North Eaton Christian Church, he was a quiet servant, never asking, always giving. Royce was a motorcycle enthusiast in enduro and hare scrambles in his younger years, but mostly observed trials, where he served as president, secretary, treasurer and assistant photographer of Trials, Inc. The Cleveland area group was started by his father, Edwin Klein in the early 1970’s.

He enjoyed all types of motor sports and camping, but especially enjoyed the camaraderie with his fellow motorcycle enthusiasts. It was not about winning, but he would rather be there to help a friend out and would have a fun ride. He was a gifted, self-taught mechanic and could be relied upon whenever needed.

Royce will be dearly missed by his wife of 31 years, Leslie Sue (nee Daniels); daughters, Amanda and Kimberly Klein (at home); son, Joseph (Rockelle) of Jacksonville, Florida; grandchildren, Nathan, Samuel and Ava; his mother, Margaret Klein (nee Horn); brothers, Douglas and William (Maria); sisters, Janet (Jeff) Pfeiffer and Susan Klein, all of Elyria and Laurie Klein of Salamanca, New York; as well as his father and mother-in-law, Harry and Marlene Daniels and many nieces and nephews.

He was preceded in death by his father, Edwin in 1997; and a brother, Andrew in 2013.
Yes, the Avatar image is an actual picture of me - back when I was younger and handsomer.
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Webmaster.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Friends lost 9 years 3 months ago #999

• firebirdman
  • Junior Boarder
My uncle told me he met Mr Klein one time up there at Toronto. They was talking about riding enduros in southern Ohio. My uncle say Royce Klein was a "A" rated enduro rider. That mean he be pretty good rider. Myself, I would say I am a good bad rider, if you know what I mean. My uncle say a good bad rider know when to call it a day if he crashing to much.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds